HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:33:44 EST
I sent an inquiry off to Jane Powell, who wrote a book on linoleum to see
what she has to say.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 2/11/2009 4:36:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Both of  those stories were cable dispatches and would have been widely
republished.  The Chanler expedition was avidly followed by American newspapers.
The only  way to identify the specific paper, other than finding the masthead,
would be  to compare the page layouts. It can be done, hoping that the paper
has been  digitized, but it would take time.

Best,

Tim