HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Riordan, Timothy B" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:36:09 -0500
Both of those stories were cable dispatches and would have been widely republished. The Chanler expedition was avidly followed by American newspapers. The only way to identify the specific paper, other than finding the masthead, would be to compare the page layouts. It can be done, hoping that the paper has been digitized, but it would take time.

Best,

Tim