HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sara Rivers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:57:39 -0800
Dear HISTARCHers,

Many of you may already be familiar with the Maryland Archaeological Conservation Laboratory's Diagnostic Artifacts in Maryland webpage (http://www.jefpat.org/diagnostic/index.htm).  About a year ago, we began launching new categories of artifacts and we would like to encourage you to visit to see what's new and let us know what you think.

The most recent addition is a section on Post-Colonial Ceramics compiled by Patricia Samford and George Miller.  So far, this portion of the site features edge-decorated ceramics and relief-molded stoneware jugs, but more categories, such as transfer-printed ceramics, will be added soon.

The "Small Finds" section also has three new artifact types since we launched leather ornaments as a pilot category early this year.  The new categories are bodkins, smoker's companions, and sleeve buttons, cufflinks, and studs.

As we add to the website, we rely on our audience to e-mail us feeback.  If you find the site useful, your positive feedback will let us know that this is a worthwhile project to continue.  If you find any errors, broken links, or other problems, please point them out to us so that we can improve. We are currently working on expanding the site to add artifacts from outside of the MAC Lab and even outside of Maryland, so any comments you share will be appreciated and incorporated as we continue to grow.  http://www.jefpat.org/diagnostic/index.htm

Sincerely,

Sara Rivers Cofield
Curator of Federal Collections
Maryland Archaeological Conservation Laboratory