Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:33:41 -0400
7bit
From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 09:51:32 -0700, JDP <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>"We have heard it all before, it's the same thing over and over again"

Actually, the information I supplied was from a textbook on South
African Beekeeping and Mike Allsopp's Master's Thesis. I doubt very
seriously if very many of our readers have "heard it before". I have
worked tirelessly to provide balanced, unbiased information which is
based on hard science and utterly lacking any faith-based dogmatism.

In South Africa they have always had small bees and use special small
cell foundation. The
bees will not accept US sized foundation.  When varroa first arrived,
they thrived in the colonies with small cells, reaching levels of 50%
or 30,000 mites in a large colony. Hundreds of thousands of colonies
died.

--
Peter L. Borst
Danby, NY USA