HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"HUDGINS, LISA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2010 07:35:14 -0400
Hi Carl:

I may have found some family ties to the F. E. Justice you are looking for:

In 1870,  William Justice (27) and Hilliard Justice (32) are listed in Edgefield County SC, living with a woman named Elizier Justice (40) in Perrys Road area. (1870 SC census, Edgefield Co, page 342a)

Here's the interesting part: In Lexington County (Lexington Courthouse) SC is also a woman named Elizier Justice (40), who is living with Franklin, (17), Ellen (17), Mary (11) and Christopher (9). in the Elizabeth King household.  (1870 SC Census, Lex Co., p 445a)

Your F. E. Justice may be associated with these two branches of the family.  There is also a Franklin Justus in Pickens County (Long Creek) in 1860, living with William Justus and family.  These are some places to start...

You may also want to contact Martha Rowe at MESDA to see if they have any potters with that name listed in their artisan database.

Lisa