HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Douglas Edward Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:53:45 -0700
Stephanie,

A report of direct topical and regional relevance to your study would be:

Copp, Stanley A. 1987. Excavation of the Marpole-Eburne Site (DhRs 25): An Urban Garbage Dump in an Early Vancouver Suburb. A Report of Investigations to the Heritage Conservation Branch. Vancouver Community College, Langara Campus.

It is based on excavations at an urban neighbourhood landfill dating to the 1910s and 20s undertaken by a college field school in the early 80s. The neighbourhood is interesting because it included a concentration of Japanese-Canadian residents. I'm not sure what the availability of this report is through the usual avenues, but you can find Stan's contact information here:

http://www.langara.bc.ca/social-cultural/anthropology/faculty.html

Doug Ross