HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 2009 03:48:12 EDT
Maybe it was for treating VD? I sent the photo to several medical friends
to see what they think.

Ron May
Legacy 106, INc.

In a message dated 7/26/2009 11:57:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

The dark  curved thing looks vaguely like part of a urethrascope I saw once,
but I  somehow can't imagine using the bellows (?) on it
Looks like you have glass  vials (?) at the top for some kind of powders, &
bellows for blowing  them, & something at the bottom to put the powders into
& then  attach to the bellows; I don't see any sharp needles there (or in
the
box  on the left?), so it looks like something for blowing powders directly
into  nasal passages, rather than anything intravenous?
If you do have some big  needles, it might have been one of these things for
deflating lungs when  treating TB, but that wouldn't explain the vials
Also looks like the white  porcelain (?) thing lower right is missing a
piece

-----Original  Message-----

I am wondering if any subscriber may recognize what this  specialized kit of
(medical ?) instruments was used for (see image  at):

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823322x1201398723/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul
yExcfooterNO62)