HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kim Christensen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:01:15 -0700
Hi everyone -
  I am co-writing an article for the SHA Student Subcommittee that will appear in the next newsletter, and the article focuses on employment options for students graduating with their BAs in Anthropology/Archaeology.

We're talking to a number of CRM firms, state & federal agencies, historic sites, etc., but what we don't have yet is an idea of people's actual experiences.  We'd love to hear from you about what *you* did after graduating - were you able to support yourself with a job in archaeology, or did you do something else?  Either way, was the experience good, bad, helpful...?  Did the experience feed into your decision to go to graduate school or future research interests?

We would love to hear your stories.  Please email them off-list to [log in to unmask], and note if it's ok to use your name and affiliation in the article or not.

Thank you for your time!
  Cheers,
    Kim Christensen