HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michelle Touton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:33:35 -0700
Lehner's Encyclopedia of U.S. Marks on Pottery, Porcelain & Clay
(1988:129) has an entry for Dohrmann Hotel Supply Company in San
Francisco.  It notes that "Warwick China Company made products for this
mark" (which is more modern than the mark you have).  I believe they are
a descendant of Nathan, Dohrmann & Co, who are profiled here, among many
other places:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~npmelton/sfbdohrm.htm.

Websites of collectors of railroad china indicate that Dohrmann Hotel
Supply (and the related Dorhmann Commisary Co) made china for use on the
Southern Pacific: http://railroadcollectors.org/pgChina_PMWF.shtml.
Dohrmann Hotel Supply seems to have been a subsidiary of the Dohrmann
Commercial Company
(http://content.cdlib.org/view?docId=tf100001g2&chunk.id=c000078&query=parrott%2520building&brand=oac).

I haven't found your mark, but this might give you a place to start.

Michelle

--
***************

Michelle Touton