HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Robert L. Cerra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:39:12 -0500
     Mr Skiles  - re your objects  -

   #4 - Copper Alloy - hollow is an exact duplicate of a fitting that is attached to the end of a rubber hose.  This allows the hose to be attached to a piece of machinery.  The rubber is connected to the ribbed end of the fitting and secured with a clamp and the male threaded end of the fitting is attached to the machinery. Usually this fitting is used to attach an air line for an air compressor.

     Object #3 - copper alloy threaded appears to be electrical connections used to secure an electrical line to an electrical device.  These appear to be the type used for low voltage as in the 12volts to 24 volt range.

     Regards
     Bob Cerra