HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:28:25 -0600
The Texas Historical Commission (THC) Preservation Fellows program will target undergraduate and graduate students to encourage their interest in pursuing fields of study in history, preservation, architecture, archeology, landscape architecture, downtown revitalization and heritage tourism. They will also learn about the impact that historic preservation programs can have on a community’s economic development. Applicants must be students at the sophomore level or above attending a public or private university, junior college or community college in Texas, and must be a Texas resident.  They must have a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 system and a history of community service and/or life experience related to the field of historic preservation. Award winners will receive a stipend of $5,000 stipend to cover eight weeks of employment and living expenses while they work with THC staff.

 We appreciate your assistance in "getting the word out" through your listservs and to institutions of higher education, post-secondary education professionals and students who might qualify for an award. Two documents are attached – an overview and an application form (see links below). This information is also posted on the THC website at www.thc.state.tx.us. The application deadline is March 1, 2007.

Thank you so much for your help in publicizing this wonderful new opportunity.  We look forward to welcoming our first Preservation Fellows in the summer of 2007.

Toni

  a.. Toni S. Turner
  b.. Development Officer
  c.. Texas Historical Commission