From:
"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:32:58 GMT
Aaron Rabushka <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I did hear an outstanding Saraste Sibelius 1 and Karelia Overture and Suite
>on a Finlandia disc.  I don't know if this was live in St. Petersburg or
>not.

I, too, found this performance exhilarating, and return to it occasionally.
But with Jansons, Sanderling, Davis (both), and Berglund still available,
I've increasingly found it gets shoved to the back.

D. Stephen Heersink
San Francisco