From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:14:20 -0500
Brian Fredericksen wrote:

>IMO the doom and gloom squad is resistant to change,  and some of them will
go down the swrily with the ship rather then change.

I don't know what a "swrily" is but I don't agree that the bulk of
beekeepers are resistant to change. In more than thirty years of beekeeping,
I have found them to be very interested in trying new things, innovating,
experimenting, and eagerly seeking out the experiences of others.

Many -- not all -- are resistant to spending a lot of money on things that
don't hold much promise. We have seen a lot of goofy innovations over the
years. Remember the No-Swarm cluster frames? Ultra-sound bee pacifiers? Hive
heaters? The list goes on.

In fact, I would keep going but I would surely mention somebody's pet
invention or method. Hey, if it works for you, that's what counts anyway.
Trying out new things has always been fun; having your bees croak is not.
Here's to the next big thing (I hope I come up with it).

pb