From:
Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2007 11:39:39 -0400
Maybe we need an anonymous login here (heavily moderated)
so my fellow ccd suffers can gather their courage firmly
in both hands (sorry for the extra work Aaron)

Yes I am in Canada, mid Ontario, 1&2 hrs NE Toronto
Last winter I had > 2/3 winterkill, over 1/2 of that
was clearly ccd. I am not 'commercial', they never moved,
the mites were reasonably well controlled. and except
for the bear attack 4+ months earlier they were not stressed

I hate repeating myself, read archives for the (considerable)
information already said. (except to correct errors)

As to new info: l-lysine and powdered Sulfur are not
effective.  Vinegar gives a reasonable ROI, nearly as
effective as formic

With all my efforts this yr I hope to have reasonable
winter survival, the ccd is NOT gone only suppressed

dave