From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 07:06:54 -0400
Chris Slade wrote:

> I just  can't figure out why there is no flow to the flowers of these two
> trees.
>
> Any guesses?

I wonder if the problem is with the trees or that there is a more desirable nectar source blooming at the same
time. If there were dry conditions, maybe the other source provides nectar under adverse conditions.

Or it could be, as we are experiencing in Maine, that everything is blooming at once, so there is a lot to
choose from. Last year we had a long spring, with progressive blooms. This year is an instant, short spring.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine