From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:47:20 -0600
Hello Michael & All,
I think if you would go to the Mann Lake tool for moving hives Michael you
might  make your job easier. Maybe not?

 My beekeepeing partner and I love our hive moving tool!

 When we first purchased around five years ago we had a thirteen year old
boy
moving hives from one pallet to the other with one hand.

For decades we either moved these hives by hand lifting or with a tool made
for two people to use.

The tool has two settings. The upper is for moving hives from pallet to
pallet. When deciding which hives go to California or into pollination we
grade each hive. 1-2 or 3. We use the tool to move the number one grade
hives onto the same pallet.

I use the tool to simply lift the hive off the pallet and sit on the scale.
I never remove the hive from the tool. Then sit back on the pallet.  With
the remote reader I do not need to reach under and trip the hold on the
scale or read the scale by letting go of the tool. I mark the weight on the
hive. My beekeeping partner still tips and guesses but I have weighed a few
of his guesses and he is not off by much. I am not so sure his help would be
as accurate.

His main use of the tool is moving hives around using only a single person.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

--
believed to be clean.