From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:52:22 -0500
Ron Chaplin wrote:

>...  When told that Frasier mentioned being in a worse disaster than
>"the Dresden premiere of Schumann's 2nd symphony," Niles yells, "My
>God!  And you left him alone?" and rushes off to save his brother.
>
>Was there in fact a disastrous premiere of the symphony or is the
>line of script fiction?

I couldn't find anything about it skimming through the New Grove (which
states that the symphony's first performance was in Lepzig), although it
does mention a quickly quelled insurrection in Dresden during which he left
town in a hurry w/ Clara and daugher Marie, abandoning the younger children.

I think that, for the most part *Frazier* is a fine sitcom, one of my
favorites, but it's lines like the above reference to a Schumann symphony
that give appreciation for the finer things of life a bad name.

Walter Meyer