HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Stine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:10:15 -0400
Thanks everyone for the info!  I see the same patterns and can add that
later farmsteads often have small yellow daffodils that come out really
early, also "cotton tuffs" that are an early version of spirea I think which
are white or pink flowered bushes, and the obligatory row of "tiger lilies"
in bright orange up the path or drive.  I also see a lot of nut and fruit
trees.  Anyone really know why cemeteries seem to always have red cedars?
Soil conditions?  Deliberate planting?  LFS

--
Dr. Linda France Stine, RPA
336-256-1098