HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rob Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:18:17 -0600
I am conducting limited testing at a 19th-century conservatory in SE
Louisiana and looking for sources relating to the archaeology of such
structures.  I have copies of  Carmen Weber's chapter in Yamin and
Metheny's (eds.) Landscape Archaeology volume and Anne Yentsch's chapter
in Kelso and Most's (eds.) Earth Patterns volume.  I am wondering if
there are more recent studies I am missing, especially in the "grey
literature."  I have heard, for example, of the excavation of a
greenhouse in Columbia Tennessee, but I have not been able to track down
a source.  I am not really looking for historical sources at this point,
I have a good start with Woods and Warren's Glass Houses volume and
Georg Kohlmaier's Houses of Glass volume.

Rob

Rob Mann, Ph.D.

Southeast Regional Archaeologist and Assistant Professor--Research

Department of Geography and Anthropology

227 Howe-Russell Geoscience Complex

Louisiana State University

Baton Rouge, LA 70803

225.578.6739