HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jay and Beth Stottman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:55:59 -0400
While they are rare, I have seen several examples of brick nogging here in
Kentucky, most notably the Maplewood plantation site in Boone County
15Be483.  I might be able to send you the NR form if you are interested.  I
will agree with Tanya that none of the examples I have seen were associated
with German ethnicity.  You might want to contact Bill Macintire,
architectural historian with the Kentucky Heritage Council, he can tell you
more about the brick nogging examples here.

Jay

M. Jay Stottman
Staff Archaeologist
Kentucky Archaeological Survey