HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
michael gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:38:45 -0500
Greetings HISTARCHers,

Hoping that someone can help me track down some old grey literature.

I’m trying to acquire copies and identify all volumes of the Richland Creek
Technical Series, especially Volumes 4 and  5:

Vol. 2, Bruseth, J.E. and W.A. Martin, editors (1987). *The Bird Point
Island and Adams Ranch Sites: Methodological and Theoretical Contributions
to North Central Texas Archaeology*. *Richland Creek Technical Series,
Volume II. Archaeology Research Program, Institute for the Study of Earth
and Man, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas. *

* *

*Vol. 3, McGregor, D.E. and J.E. Bruseth, editors (1987). Hunter-Gatherer
Adaptations Along the Prairie Margin: Site Excavations and Synthesis of
Prehistoric Archeology. Richland Creek Technical Series, Volume III.
Archaeology Research Program, Institute for the Study of Earth and Man,
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas.]*

* *

*Vol. 4, Moir, Randall W. and David H. Jurney, editors (1987). Pioneer
Settlers, Tenant Farmers, and Communities: Objectives, Historical
Background, and Excavations. Richland Creek Technical Series, Volume IV.
Archaeology Research Program, Institute for the Study of Earth and Man,
southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas.*

* *

Vol. 5, Jurney, David H., and Randall W. Moir, editors (1987). *Historic
Buildings, Material Culture , and People of the Prairie Margin:
Architecture, Artifacts, and Synthesis of Historical Archaeology*. *Richland
Creek Technical Series, Volume V. Archaeology Research Program, Institute
for the Study of Earth and Man, Southern Methodist University, Dallas,
Texas.*

* *

*Does anyone know if Volume I was produced and if so its title? Was a Volume
6 produced?*

* *

*The other series I’m trying to get copies of is for the Joe Pool Lake
Archaeological Project, especially Volume 2:*

* *

*Vol. 1, Peter, D.E., and D.E. McGregor, editors (1988). Late Holocene
Prehistory of the Mountain Home Drainage. *Joe Pool Lake Archaeological
Project, *Volume I. Archaeology Research Program, Institute for the Study of
Earth and Man, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas.***

* *

* *

Vol. 2, Jurney, David H., Susan A. Lebo, and Melissa M. Green (1988). *Historic
Farming on the Hogwallow Prairies: Ethnoarchaeological Investigations of the
Mountain Creek Area, North Central Texas*. Joe Pool Lake Archaeological
Project, *Volume II. Archaeology Research Program, Institute for the Study
of Earth and Man, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas.*

Does anyone know if a third volume was produced?

Searching on-line, I can find these volumes referenced but I can’t find
anyplace that is offering hard copies for sale or is providing scanned pdf
versions. Any help will be greatly appreciated locating some or all of the
volumes. Thanks.

my best,

michael m. gregory, ph.d.

Past is Present Research