Reply To:
HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:07:10 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (43 lines)
I also created a facebook page for my field school this summer. It was a great way to generate some additional interest, and has kept several of the students in contact. They provided photos and videos, and it also provided a way for family and friends to keep track of their loved one's adventures in archaeology. I still use the page to update folks about the status of the research and future plans. Since I am working in a very rural area, on private property, it has proven to be a great tool for continuing to promote good will.

Ann Raab, RPA
PhD Candidate, Archaeology
University of Kansas

Sent: Tue, November 10, 2009 6:52:22 PM
Subject: Re: the dreaded facebook

My students created a Facebook page during our field school this past summer "Friends of Point Breeze."  Although we have only a small number of friends, the site has proven to be very useful for informing the class participants and other friends of the site about subsequent fieldwork, labwork, and talks on our finds.  The page has also turned out to be an incredible repository for all sorts of candid photos.  

All the best,

Rich Veit

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: the dreaded facebook

hello everyone,

I am interested in ya'lls experiences using facebook, blogs, and other web 2.0 applications to gather interest and public support for archaeology.  Any luck? We are attempting this in Savannah, GA, a place known for historic preservation (and woefully inadequate archaeology).

And now for the shameless plug: Become a facebook fan of "Savannah Under Fire"- our project to rediscover the Revolutionary War in Savannah.

Thanks!
Laura

Laura Seifert
Archaeology/Museum Technician
Savannah History Museum
Coastal Heritage Society
Savannah, GA

ATOM RSS1 RSS2