HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kurt Knoerl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 06:12:37 -0700
The underwater archaeology students from the University of West Florida’s
summer field school posted their wrap up entry on the MUA.  Their work
provided details about 16th-century Spanish ship construction and a
mid19th-century schooner.  Their post also discusses their conservation
efforts as well as their search for additional wrecks in Florida’s waters.
   You can view their final entry here:

http://www.uri.edu/artsci/his/mua/project_journals/wf09/wf09_week13.shtml

The MUA would like to thank the faculty and students for sharing their
experiences with the public through our website.  Student journals like
this offer future students, interested in underwater archaeology, an
opportunity to see what it is like to be trained in this field.

Coming soon,

Dr. Filipe Castro from Texas A&M University will be our next guest blogger.

Also,

Look for a new post on European underwater archaeology and our second new
exhibit this year!

Best regards,

T Kurt Knoerl
Director