HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:49:01 EDT
My reason for asking came from a discussion by Ralph Merrifield on magic in
 archaeological contexts. He stated that at least some of the "hoards"
found in  fields in England were actually builder's pits created to appease
earth deities  before construction of a house. If this were the case, we might
expect some  evidence of a foundation above the hoard.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 9/25/2009 9:44:45 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,