HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cathy Spude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:29:05 -0600
Robyn:

Check out my 2006 publication:

Catherine Holder Spude

2006    Archeological Investigations in Skagway, Alaska, Volume 10: The
Mascot Saloon, Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park, Alaska. U. S.
Department of Interior, National Park Service, Anchorage.

Drop a note to [log in to unmask] ... he can get you a free copy of the
publication.  Our archaeological investigations uncovered two saloon
deposits dating 1897-1898 and 1901-1904.

The University of Nebraska Press will be publishing our magnum opus entitled
THE HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY OF THE NORTHERN GOLD RUSHES sometime next year.
In it  Bob Weaver, Tim Kardatzke and I have a chapter entitled "Explaining
Variability in Northern Gold Rush Saloons."  We compare five saloons from
Skagway and Fairbanks, Alaska, all early 20th century. I'll send you the
draft off-line if you're interested.

In return, I'd like to know what's new on saloons in the last year or two.

Cathy

Catherine Holder Spude, PhD
7 Avenida Vista Grande #145
Santa Fe, NM 87508
505-466-1476 home
505-913-1326 cell

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you are standing outside the
fire," Jenny Yates and Garth Brooks.