HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 20:38:18 EDT
Hi All...

Thanks for the overwhelming requests for George's and my article on
shell-edged earthenware.        On another ceramic note, I would draw your
attention to the upcoming November meeting of the American Ceramic Circle in
Williamsburg, VA.   Once a bastion of the porcelain dilettante, this group has
become increasingly "integrated" over the years and not only allows
archaeologists to join, they actually encourage them!   The annual meeting will feature
the newly opened stoneware exhibit which includes both archaeological and
antique specimens.   I hope local professionals and graduate students can take
advantage of this opportunity.   Its worth the trip for anyone interested
in the topic. At the very least, check out the program.

For further info see
http://www.amercercir.org/events_annual_meeting_Williamsburg.htm