HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 2009 11:01:52 -0500
For those who couldn't find the Columbia batteries illustrated at the link I provided ... sorry ... they are two pages further on in the catalog (page 398, not on page 396 where the link I gave takes you) ... try this:

http://www.princetonimaging.com/library/western_electric_catalog_1916/djvu/INDEX.djvu?djvuopts&page=p0398.djvu

Also, for those who advise they couldn't "see anything at all" ... you will need the new (free) djvu viewer plugin (from LizardTech), you can download it, here (and it's highly recommended for labroids who need to peruse graphics intensive publications, like old catalogs ... more-and-more of these will be available in the djvu format in the future ... takes just a minute to install the plugin):

Windows:
http://www.celartem.com/en/download/djvu.asp#win

Mac
http://www.celartem.com/en/download/djvu.asp#mac

Unix:
http://www.celartem.com/en/download/djvu.asp#uni

After you have the plugin, then you can flip-thru such fabulous early catalogs as this one:

Knight's American Mechanical Dictionary, 1881 Edition

http://www.princetonimaging.com/library/mechanical-dictionary/