HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:31:57 +0800
I have done the dating of pipes on the Davey Bar series catalogues around
the ones I have found as suggested by Dennis below. My site dated from 1870
and all my Davidson, W White and McDougal Glasgow pipes are a lot further
down the catalogue then number 72 (Davidson 150 1870>, W White 362 1873>
McDougal 340 1891>) so I suggest whatever Glasgow maker you have, the pipe
is one of their earlier ones.

Gaye