HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Hatchett, Jennifer C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:25:13 -0500
I understand our list master's insistence that this list is for historical archaeology and not history, but it seems fairly subjective and inconsistent to censor this question.  The discussion of the Cologne archives was allowed although it did not technically relate to historical archaeology outside of the fact that historical archaeologists might use such an archive.  In the same vein, history (including Marco Polo) is clearly a huge portion of historical archaeology, and I, personally, don't think it is outside the realm of what should be allowed discussion on this list.  If anyone had complained that this question was inappropriate, I could understand the censure, but I didn't see any comments from list members who thought that this was offensive.

Jenni Hatchett