HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robin Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:29:07 -0800
HISTARCH,

I am in the process of disposing of older journals, field reports, etc.
that I have accumulated over the years, and no longer need.

Instead of simply tossing them, I am offering them here to anybody who
wants them.  I will send them free of charge.

I would prefer to send them to a library, government agency, &/or CRM lab
where they would be used by a wider number of people, rather than sending
them to one person for their personal use.  However, if nobody else wants
them, I will send them to whomever submits a request.

Please make requests off list, and be specific to which of the FIVE groups
of "give aways" you wish to receive. I'll wait a week before deciding who
to send them to, thus allowing everyone a chance to see and respond.

1. Fifteen Delaware Department of Transportation Archaeology Series reports
on field investigations.  All on historic sites.  Reports date from the
late 1980s through the early 2000s.

2. Northeast Historical Archaeology journals, 1988 (vol. 17), 1989 (v.18),
and 1990 (v.19).

ALSO, "New England Historical Archaeology. The Dublin Seminar for New
England Folklife Annual Proceedings 1977" (Peter Benes, ed.). Published by
Boston University.

3.Guns stuff:

Huntington, R.T. 1987  Accountrements of the United States Infantry,
Riflemen, and Dragoons 1834-1839. Historical Arms Series No. 20. Museum
Restoration Service, Alexandria Bay, NY.

Anderson, E.J. et al. 1963 (1992 reprinting) The Military Arms of Canada,
by the Upper Canada Historical Arms Society. Historical Arms Series No. 1.
Museum Restoration Service, Alexandria Bay, NY.

Hamilton, T.M. 1976 Firearms on the Frontier: Guns at Fort Michilimackinac
1715-1781. Reports in Mackinac History and Archaeology No. 5. Mackinac
Island State Park Commission.

4.  Society of Historical Archaeology NEWSLETTERS.

March 1984 V.17, No.1.
December 1984 V.17, No.4.
June 1985 V.18, No.2.
October 1985 V.18, No.3.

5. Two issues of the Journal of Field Archaeology, published by Boston
University for the Association for Field Archaeology.

JFA Fall 1981 V.8, No.3.
JFA Winter 1981 V.8, No.4.

Again, please reply off list ([log in to unmask]).

Thanks,

Robin

Robin O. Mills, Ph.D.
Archaeologist - Eastern Interior Field Office
BLM-Fairbanks District Office
1150 University Ave.
Fairbanks, AK 99709
907-474-2359