HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Parkhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:14:14 -0500
My apologies, David. I was distracted.
The time period for the tin was 1930 -1947. Many people also used the
tobacco for cigarettes. There was even an automatic cigarette maker
they used that turned with a small crank. You placed a cigarette
paper in one side, tobacco in the well, turned the crank and Walla!
Ready rolls.

During the same period of time another brand of pipe tobacco, Sir
Walter Raliegh,(SP) was  marketed. There was another brand that
marketed a tin of small cigars that were sealed to keep them fresh.
There should be a picture of Prince Albert on one side of the tin, if
you can bring it out. The can was red in color and the Sir Walter box
was yellowish-orange. Both products were very good.

I apologize for the again for the distraction.
DP