HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 18:03:52 -0400
The site is on Ferry Farm. Which is a park, charges admission, has a
full time archaeological staff and lab, and shouldn't have a problem
with looters. Don't know why they waited until now to make the
announcement, when they were telling visitors they had IDd the house
when I was there in May. May have to do with the 4th. May just be that
they finally have enough data to go public. It is not unusual for an
"official" announcement to be well after the actual discovery. Want to
get all the data organized, etc........