HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tonia Deetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:36:31 -0400
Wow, what a huge thread, I apologize if I offer advice given in one of the previous replies,

Jamestown Rediscovery excavated a large euro/white burial ground/cemetery (mid 17th c.)  (Perhaps as urban as it could have been then.) You can contact the project thru www.historicjamestowne.org or APVA.org   on the Jamestown Rediscovery pages

Also, the smithsonian is preparing a large exhibit "Written in Bone" exploring information from a large range of burials throughout the colonial era (and more). That would be a project through the natural history museum and Doug Owsley.