HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Larry Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:17:50 -0800
I suggest it is an ampule. I used these often in the early 1990s when my daughter was sick with asthma. Same shape and size with the bubble; my ampules were all clear glass. The ampule contained Albuteral then. They came 50 to a carton, if I remember correctly, and they were laid lose in the carton. By mid 1990s they had changed to plastic ampules.

The Albuteral gets turned into a mist by a nebulizer machine. Break off one end of the ampule and pour the fluid into a little cup attached to a mask which is attached to the machine by a tube. Add a shot of saline solution. Place the mask over the face and inhale. Albuteral gets directly to the lungs and helps to clear them.

Cheers