HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Doms, Keith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:22:34 -0400
I have a fragment of a canning jar that is associated with interwar
bottles.  The canning jar was large (1/2 to a gal?).  There is a
fragment with the following embossed letters

            BOTT...

         EDGEW...

 ...SKIL...

II have poured over Toulouse and can't find a reasonable match.    The
first line is probably some name of a bottler.  The second line is
probably "Edgewood".  The jar was recovered in Maryland and there is an
Edgewood, Maryland.  Thus far, I have not been able to find any bottler
in Edgewood, MD.

Any suggestions or guesses?

Keith R. Doms

Archaeologist