HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"paul.courtney2" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 23:23:32 +0100
Guildford (Surry, UK) c12 though disputed see chain of letters as in CBA
journal British Archaeology (on net c. 1996) Also excavated synagogues
in Vienna (preserved in Museum Judenplatz) , Rouen (c12), Maribor
(Slovenia) and Regensberg

Raphael M. J. Isserlin. "Building Jerusalem in the ‘Islands of the Sea’:
The Archaeology of Medival Anglo-Jewry’ in S. Kadish, ed. Building
Jersualem: Jewish Architecture in Britain. (Vallentine Mitchell, London,
1996).

Nahon, G. L'archeologie juive de la france medievale, Acheologie
Medievale 5 (1975), 139-59
*
*Art et archeologie des Juifs en France medievale by Bernhard
Blumenkranz, Toulouse 1980

Regensgberg synagogue excavation- I have a xerox of a paper in German on
its architecture but not to hand and won't be able to look for a week. I
think think there are some monographs on Regensberg's archeology which
may include it
:

Plus there area few standing medieval synagogues - Prague, Cracow and
Toledo spring to mind.

paul