HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:30:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/3/2007 11:16:30 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

While I  understand you were supporting My side Ron...our company would
NEVER sell  bottles...or get rid of any collections.  Please don't make
such  suggestions.

Ok, I accept your statement that the collection from this nationally
significant site will be preserved in perpetuity and that no artifacts will be  sold
or discarded. I wrote "tongue-in-cheek" and in anger over what I perceived  to
be a threat to what had been a completely protected site. But will management
 honor your promise that none of the collection will be discarded before it
gets  to the San Diego Archaeological Center? What about culling and the
practice of  discarding common things?

Moreover, the fate of this collection has nothing to do with the hundreds  of
collections your company has curated in the past. I see no reason for
bringing up all the other collections in this context.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.