HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Timothy Scarlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:12:27 -0500
Hi Jeremy,
I'm not sure what you are after here- what type of wood is it that is
native to the Northeast?  What part of the 19th century are you
thinking about?  You've probably already learned that major timbering
company activities moved out of New England very early and turned to
western New York and then the Great Lakes region.  You'll need to
give a bit more focus to what you mean by Northeast.  What species of
wood are you looking at?
Cheers,
Tim

Timothy Scarlett