HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:15:42 -0700
From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
I didn't realize my 'simple' question would produce such results.  But,
should have known that hardly any archys Agree on the same thing.  :o)

I basically record the "original" function of the item...and make
comments as to whether it was modified, used in another way (i.e., paint
residue in a milk bottle), etc....in the Comments field.

However, now that I think of it...for prehistoric stone tools...like a
mano that initally functioned as a grinding tool, but after breaking,
was battered on a fractured edge (for chopping or pounding)...I classify
the Last use...but note the original function in Comments.  Hmm...

I just returned from visiting the lovely state of New Mexico...but
hopefully can return for the SHAs in AlbQ!  Hopefully I can stay with my
cousin there.  Would love to 'review' your OAS manual Jeff.

Carol (still catching up on all my emails from my 6 day absence!)