ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:16:59 -0700

Catherine,

I was Treasurer for the Board of Trustees of the
Andrew Carnegie Free Library and Music Hall in
Carnegie, Pennsylvania back in the mid-1990s. Our
Library complex also includes a small Civil War
Museum.

We always paid for our annual audit, which was
required to receive state and local funding. Every
three years we would gather bids from local CPAs and
choose the lowest bid. Of course, being a public
library that is free-of-charge at all times, there was
no opportunity to barter for this service.

Since I have been off of the Board for several years
now, I have no idea if there are new professional
standards that may require a higher price. However, I
will see the current Library Treasurer [who IS a CPA,
but, of course, does NOT do our annual audit] on
Monday, at a Library special event; so, I will ask him
at that time,

gaw