HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:47:54 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Hello HistArch:

I hope you don't consider this off topic. Let me know if you do.

Many of you know I retired a couple of years ago to branch out into writing popularly about archaeology. I've gotten my feet off the ground with the publication of my first novel. It's a historical novel; no archaeology involved, but at least it's a start.

As I search for a publisher for my first novel about historical archaeology, I've set up a website as a way to reach publishers and agents, having found my queries returned with form letters that have imaginative variations of "I'm too busy with KNOWN authors" (like a New York Times best seller). Even invoking the name of Doug Scott, the forensic anthropologist who testified at the trial of Sudaam Hussein as a consultant on my novel doesn't seem to turn any heads. I guess they think I made that one up, too. Either that, or I'm not getting past Kristie, the clerk at the front desk, who is writing her own archaeological mystery.

If any of you have any time to take a look, would you mind logging on to www.montanadawn.com<http://www.montanadawn.com/> and clicking on "The Executions" for me? Let me know what you think. Would YOU read that book? And if you know an agent or publisher who you think might take a look, let me know.

Cathy

Catherine H. Spude, PhD
Montana Dawn, Enterprises
7 Avenida Vista Grande #145
Santa Fe, NM 87508
505-466-1476 home
505-913-1326 cell

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire." Jenny Yates and Garth Brooks.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2