From:
Almer's Apiary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 00:10:29 -0500
Waldemar wrote:
In the past, I have tried placing wet super over inner covers but
have often seen the bees store honey in those supers.  I am trying to
avoid this.

*********************

If you do not have too many, here's what works for me.

Put them above an inner cover probably as you do now but turn them
up-side-down and place an empty deep or maybe a medium between them and the
inner cover.  Obviously, the inner cover has to have an open vent hole.

It has been my experience that honey in cells slanted down is quickly
removed.  I also use this method if I move combs from a wall or whatever
into a hive.  I turn the left over combs with honey up-side-down over a
queen excluder where the inner cover would be and they clean them quickly.
I never leave any open honey exposed to robbers.  I always use an empty deep
or medium and another inner cover on top preferably with the vent hole
stopped up.

It might be a little tricky keeping the frames in place.  If so put a metal
queen excluder on top and then turn the super up-side-down.  The excluder
will hold the frames in place during the inversion process.  Flipping end to
end instead of side to side also helps.

Works for me!

Bob Fanning
Huntsville, AL USA