Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 16:20:01 -0800
8bit
From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
>  The thought just occurred to me; where do the bees build
drone cells when they are on HSC?

Reply:
What we advise beekeepers using it since beginning of it's
being made and looked at for product, is to use it for
starting nucs 100%, and then when being used good, frames
are placed into a hive by transfer to then put into the gut
of the broodnest and work 4.9mm around to finish filling
out the broodnest. If they draw it bigger or smaller the
wax frames it is their choice.

If you want 100% HSC then you have to add drone comb and or
modify some of the HSC frames for drone, which many have
done by cutting diagonals the old way on corners or taking
a section off the bottom, or simply putting in some
foundationless frames, to use 9 frames or 8, instead of 10
frames in a deep, and that way there will be enough gaps
for burr/brace combs with drone cells..though messy.

I consider it a regression tool for fast sizing bees down
in nucs and not whole hives. If you want whole hives then
you must use it a little differently.

Be a better friend, newshound, and