HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2007 14:17:23 -0700
Again, I am ignorant about such things...but, I wouldn't think a
rubber-tired vehicle could crush a, let's say, .45 casing completely
flat.  Sure, it might crush the tubular shell portion somewhat, but I
can't imagine...even driving back and forth purposely...a tire smashing
the thick/dense head portion to 1/16" thk. ??  This shell has been
purposely hammered flat...for...fun?

And, would the primers of shotshells fall out 'naturally' (I wouldn't
think)...or need to be 'coerced'...as by the force of secondary
explosion/prying/playing around with...ala kid prank?

On the 4th of July, we (kids) used to put a small firecracker (smugged
across border) under a Vienna sausage can (under the direction of my
dad)...to watch it pop into the air. Pretty mild fun tho...  I don't
remember having cherry bombs or any large size stuff.