HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Allen Dart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:17:22 -0700
For immediate release

	The next of the ever-popular “Old Pueblo - Young People” fundraising
raffles (the eleventh since Old Pueblo Archaeology Center began holding
these events in 1998) will be held on March 31, 2010, as a finale for Old
Pueblo’s celebration of the annual Arizona Archaeology and Heritage
Awareness Month.

	The “Old Pueblo - Young People” raffle makes it possible for Old Pueblo
to provide classroom scholarships to pay archaeology education program
fees for children whose parents and schools are too poor to afford what
we normally charge for our "Old Pueblo Educational Neighborhood" programs
including the OPEN3 simulated archaeological dig field trip, our OPENOUT
in-classroom education programs for kids, and our guided archaeological
site tours for schools. Some of the raffle funds are also used to support
Old Pueblo’s day-to-day operations including program scheduling,
bookkeeping, and indirect costs.

	A list of this year's raffle prizes is posted on the Old Pueblo
Archaeology Center web site at www.oldpueblo.org/raffle.html.

	Our suggested donation amounts for “Old Pueblo - Young People” raffle
tickets are $20 for 12 tickets, $10 for 6, or $2 for a single ticket. If
you would like to help Old Pueblo out with our fundraising by buying or
selling raffle tickets please contact us at 520-798-1201 or
[log in to unmask] We can either send you tickets that you can complete
and return to us with your contribution, or if you prefer to purchase
tickets online we can take your donation through our
Visa-MasterCard-Discover-Diners Club portal, enter tickets in the drawing
for you, and email you a scanned copy of your tickets (each of which has
an exclusive ticket number). To make a donation online please go to Old
Pueblo's www.oldpueblo.org/donate.html web page, click on “Donation
Form,” fill in the requested information, and be sure to specify in the
Comments box that your donation is for raffle tickets.

	We really need your assistance to expose underprivileged kids to the joys
of archaeology, science, and math, so please consider helping us out with
this fundraiser.

	Old Pueblo Archaeology Center’s mission is to educate children and adults
to understand and appreciate archaeology and other cultures, to foster
the preservation of archaeological and historical sites, and to develop a
lifelong concern for the importance of nonrenewable resources and
traditional cultures. Old Pueblo is recognized as a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit organization under the U.S. tax code so donations and Old
Pueblo membership fees are tax-deductible up to amounts allowed by the
Internal Revenue Service.

	If you are a member of Old Pueblo Archaeology Center, THANK YOU FOR YOUR
SUPPORT! If you are not an Old Pueblo member we would be grateful if you
would become one so you can provide more support for our education and
research programs and receive membership benefits. You can become a
member by going to Old Pueblo Archaeology Center’s
http://www.oldpueblo.org/member.html web page, scrolling to the bottom of
that page, and following the instructions for using our secure online
membership form or our printable Enrollment/Subscription form.

	 Donations by check can be made payable to “OPAC” and mailed to Old
Pueblo Archaeology Center, PO Box 40577, Tucson AZ 85717-0577. You can
also donate using your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card either
by calling Old Pueblo at 520-798-1201 or by clicking on “Donation Form”
at Old Pueblo’s secure www.oldpueblo.org/donate.html web page.

	All of us at Old Pueblo Archaeology Center appreciate your support!

Regards,

Allen Dart, RPA, Executive Director
Old Pueblo Archaeology Center
PO Box 40577
Tucson AZ 85717-0577  USA
 	(520) 798-1201 office, (520) 798-1966 fax
	Email: [log in to unmask]

# # #

	If you do not wish to receive further email ACTIVITY ANNOUNCEMENTS from
Old Pueblo Archaeology Center but are willing to receive emails on other
topics please send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message
“Please stop sending activity announcements” in the Subject line. If you
do not wish to receive any more emails from Old Pueblo Archaeology Center
for any reason please feel free to send an email to [log in to unmask]
with the word REMOVE in the subject line.
	Before you contact us with a “stop sending” or “remove” request, however,
please note that if you received our communication through a listserve,
Old Pueblo Archaeology Center cannot remove your email address from that
listserve.
	Old Pueblo occasionally posts announcements to the following listserves:

	Arizona Archaeological Council, <[log in to unmask]>
	New Mexico Archaeological Council, <[log in to unmask]>
	Arizona State University Rock Art, <[log in to unmask]>
	Arizona State University Historical Archaeology, <[log in to unmask]>
	Rock Art News, <[log in to unmask]>
	Society for American Archaeology Public Archaeology Interest Group,
	University of Arizona Anthropology Department,