HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Allen Vegotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:26:17 -0400
Don't know if this will be helpful to you, but a similar bottle is shown in
Zumwalt's "Ketchup, Pickles, Sauces" and includes the name "S. C. Dortic".
The full embossing on an applied seal reads: "S. C. Dortic/Huile D'Olive
Surfine Bordeaux".    The author provides no other information.
Good luck.
Allen Vegotsky