HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dedie Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:20:29 -0700
Happy New Year all,
The Office of Archaeological Studies (OAS) has conducted salvage excavations at the site of the Kearney Road Cemetery, Santa Fe on several occasions when the Public Service Company and others have forgotten there was a 19th century Mexican Period, early-Territorial cemetery in the area. You should contact Steve Post, Associate Director, OAS, [log in to unmask] for further information.  At the same time I'd like to recommend the following book:

Will de Chaparro, Martina
2007    Death and Dying in New Mexico.  University of New Mexico Press, Albuquerque.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of further help.

Dedie Snow