HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nancy Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:23:51 -0400
Where the heck are you?

>>> Bob Dean <[log in to unmask]> 10/28/2008 11:46 AM >>>
Hi Beth, the New York State Museum had conducted Archaeological investigations on two tanneries in the following areas, the first in the town of Palenville, Village of East Hunter in Greene County and the second in the Hamlet of the Glen, Town of Johnsburg, Warren County.  The surveys can be found at the NYSM and NY SHPO office.  1980 Bonafede, P. PIN 1124.09.112 Route 23A, Palonville to Haines Falls, Greene County.  2001 Dean, R.  and C. Fisher  PIN 1018.09.121 NYS Route 28 Hamlet of the Glen, Glen Tannery.
Bob Dean
NYS Museum
Research and Collections

>>> Elizabeth Hoag-Stewart <[log in to unmask]> 10/28/2008 8:40 AM >>>
Hi Everyone!
I am hoping someone can help me out a little bit. I am looking for information on historic tanneries, specifically any grey literature/CRM  reports dealing with archaeology or geophysical testing done at one.. I am working on a project that involves a ca 1825 tannery in Western PA, and would like to have something to use for comparative purposes. Thanks for your help, feel free to respond to the group, or directly to me.

Sincerely,
 Beth Hoag, RPA