HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gwyn Alcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:37:49 -0700
The archives of the American Dialect Society List is a good source for exploring questions about words and phrases related to American usage.
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ads-l.html

That Web site is a mirror of the full list and open to non-list members, although restricted to posts since 1999.
However, the ADS-list is VERY active (50-100 posts/day), because research is coordinated and informal results are posted, so even that minor restriction leaves a lot of posts.

In the last few years, a number of digital newspaper archives have gone on-line, and the pace, depth, and breadth of the findings has increased greatly.

Gwyn Alcock
Riverside, California