HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
JAMES MURPHY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:31:44 -0500
The 1880 census lists 20 potters in Beaver Falls, Pa.  Among these was Isaac A. Harvey, whom Whisker lists as a potter in East Liverpool, 1850-54 (where he was a partner in what became K,T,& K), and in Beaver FRalls, 1868-1880.  He cites the 1870 U.S. Census of Industry as listing Harvey & son, capital investment of $10,000, making queens' ware and fruit jars worth $8000.  They may have tried switching to whiteware.

Jim